Monday, September 2, 2013


I) HIGHLIGHT

     NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY SPIED ON BRAZIL AND MEXICO


The allegations were made by Rio-based journalist Glenn Greenwald in a program on TV Globo on Sunday.
Mr. Greenwald obtained secret files from US whistle-blower Edward Snowden.


II) HIGHLIGHT

       DOES OUR CITY NEED IT ALREADY?


Is Light Rail Vehicle the solution to our always growing traffic? Modern Light Rail Vehicle technology has primarily German origins.
Are they a better option to Bus Rapid Transit? Will our city have them one day and then we could leave our cars home and go to work, to the malls or downtown comfortably and rapidly?


III) USES OF ENGLISH

          I could use......

Greg - I could use a beer right now.

Frank - Well, and I could really use a large cup of coffee. 





* spied - espionou
* allegations - alegações, afirmações
* obtained - conseguiu
* files - arquivos
* whistle-blower - informante, dedo-duro
*Light Rail Vehicle - aeromóvel, metrô de superfície
* Bus Rapid Transit - corredor de ônibus
* I could use.... - Eu gostaria muito de....


No comments:

Post a Comment