Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Noth


I) HIGHLIGHTS

     POPE FRANCIS SPEAKS HIS MIND


Pope Francis had a busy week at World Youth Day in Rio as he visited slums, prisons, hugged faithfuls and brought 3 million people to Copacabana Beach for a final mass on Sunday morning. 
On the gays issue the pontiff said: Who am I to judge them?




II) USES OF ENGLISH

Greg - Nobody can turn a blind eye to what is happening in our country.

Jeff - I couldn't agree more, but I think that politicians are just waiting for the dust to settle. Nothing is going to change.








- speaks his mind - fala o que sente
- world youth day - dia mundial da juventude
- slums - favelas
- hugged - abraçou
- faithfuls - fiéis
- mass - missa
- issue - assunto, questão
- pontiff - pontífice
- turn a blind eye - fazer vista grossa
- I couldn't agree more - concordo totalmente
- wait for the dust to settle - esperar a poeira baixar

No comments:

Post a Comment