Wednesday, September 4, 2013


I) HIGHLIGHT

      RETIREMENT



Sprint king Usain Bolt said he would call it quits after racing at the 2016 Olympic Games in Brazil. " I want to retire on top", said the Jamaican sprinter.



II) USES OF ENGLISH

sail through

- Greg - I'm kind of jumpy today.

- Frank - What's up?

- Greg - I have to take a test tomorrow.

- Frank - Oh, come on! You're a studious guy. You'll sail through your test.








- retirement - aposentadoria
- sprint - corrida de velocidade
- king - rei
- call it quits - parar (de fazer algo)
- after racing - depois de correr
- to retire - aposentar
- on top - por cima
- sprinter - velocista
- sail through - tirar de letra
- jumpy - nervoso
- What's up? - O que há?
- studious - estudioso






















No comments:

Post a Comment