Monday, October 28, 2013



I) HIGHLIGHTS

     EAVESDROPPING


The scandal over allegations about NSA (National Surveillance Agency), including monitoring of the cell phone conversations of German Chancellor Angela Merkel and millions of phone calls in France is another huge blow to president Barack Obama.


II) USES OF ENGLISH

          worn-out
    
          shattered

Greg - I'm worn-out today. I went to three major parties last weekend, had a lot of booze and overate as well.

Jeff - Well, you're much better than me. At least, you had some fun. I'm shattered today because my girlfriend dumped me!







- eavesdropping - bisbilhotando, espionando
- allegations - alegações
- surveillance - vigilância
- huge - grande
- blow - golpe
- worn-out - exausto, cansado (fisicamente)
- major - grande
- booze - bebida alcoólica
- overate - comi demais
- at least - pelo menos
- had some fun - se divertiu
- shattered - arrasado (mentalmente ou moralmente)
- dumped me - me largou

No comments:

Post a Comment