Monday, June 10, 2013

I) HIGHLIGHTS

     LEAKS

 
Edward Snowden, the man behind of one of the biggest leaks* in the history of United States intelligence, is a former* technical assistant for the CIA (Central Intelligence Agency) who is now holed up* in a Hong Kong hotel, in danger of * running out of* money and hoping* to find asylum somewhere in the world.

II) USES OF ENGLISH

save money for a rainy day*


Jeff - Why don't you buy Ipad's last model?

Greg - Oh, no! I've had some extra expenses lately, but, more than that, I've got to save money for a rainy day.




- leak - vazamento (de informações)
- former - ex-
- holed up - escondido
- in danger of - correndo o risco de
- run out of - ficar sem
- hoping - com esperança de
- save money for a rainy day - guardar dinheiro para uma hora de necessidade

No comments:

Post a Comment