Thursday, January 19, 2012

08-2012

I) VOCAB

01. put on weight  =  gain weight
I just can't eat pasta more than once a week because I put on weight easily.

02. get it straight
Let me get it straight: if I pay cash you'll give me a 40% discount!?

03. get into detail
I got it! You don't need to get into detail.

04. panic
There is no need to panic. It was jus a turbulence.

05. rubble
They needed several trucks to take away the rubble.

to put on weight - engordar
pasta - massa, macarrão
to get it straight - entender direito
pay cash - pagar em dinheiro
to get into detail - entrar em detalhes
to panic - entrar em pânico
rubble - entulho
truck - caminhão
to take away - levar
to file for bankruptcy - pedir concordata
hit - atingido
came loaded - vinha carregada (com filme)
advertising - propaganda

II) HIGHLIGHT
Kodak files for bankruptcy hit by decline of photographic film business in digital era.


                                                       1900 - An advertising for Kodak cameras.

No comments:

Post a Comment