Wednesday, January 18, 2012

07-2012

I) VOCAB

01. to gift-wrap
Could you please gift-wrap it? - Susy asked the clerk after buying the sneakers.

02. greenhouse effect
The greenhouse effect is caused by atmospheric pollutants.

03. on behalf of
On behalf of our director I'd like to welcome you to our annual congress.

04. to run into
I ran into my old friend Mike at the mall last weekend.

05. troublemaker
01. "Stay away from troublemakers" - said the mother when her son was leaving home with his friends.

to gift-wrap - embrulhar para presente
sneakers - tênis
greenhouse effect - efeito estufa
pollutant - poluente
on behalf of - em nome de
to welcome - dar as boas vindas
to run into - encontrar por acaso, 'dar de cara com'
troublemaker - encrenqueiro
to go down - afundar
to be under fire - estar sob ataque
to remain aboard - permanecer a bordo

II) HIGHLIGHT

Should captain go down with his ship? - Captain Francesco Schettino is under fire for abandoning ship while passengers remained aboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment