I) WORDS AND EXPRESSIONS
01. kind of
meio, de certo modo
Angie - You look kind of upset.
Você parece meio chateado.
Brandon - I had a rough day at work.
Tive um dia duro no trabalho.
Angie - Have a beer. Unwind a little.
Tome uma cerveja. Relaxe um pouco.
II) SLANGS
01. awesome
da hora, legal
- The party was really awesome.
02. to booze
tomar bebida alcoólica
- It's Friday night. He's probably boozing with his workmates.
III) GRAMMAR
Some verbs are always followed by gerund (ing).
- enjoy
gostar muito de
- finish
terminar
- avoid
evitar
- I enjoy going to the mall on Saturday night.
- When the lecturer finished speaking the audience applauded him.
- I avoid going to bed too late.
IV) NEWS
President Barack Obama paid tribute to the Libyan people for ending the regime of
O Presidente Barack Obama prestou uma homenagem ao povo líbio pelo fim do
Moammar Kadafi with his death on Thursday and promised the United States will
regime de Moammar Kadafi com sua morte na quinta-feira e prometeu que os
be a partner as they build a new and just society.
Estados Unidos será um parceiro na reconstrução de uma sociedade nova e justa.
No comments:
Post a Comment