Saturday, May 15, 2010

LABOR LAW
Some terms commonly used:
01. Social Security - Amount paid to the National Institute of Social Security.
02. Maternity leave - Amount paid to mothers while they are away.
03. Family salary - Allowance granted to each of employee's child under 14 years of age or to those who are invalid.
04. Hazardous exposure additional payment - Employees who have unhealthy activities are entitled to an increase in salary.
05. Night shift additional payment - Amount paid to employees who work between 10p.m. and 5a.m.
PREPOSITIONS AFTER VERBS
01. drive at
He was driving at an unsafe speed.
02. apply for
Are you going to apply for the new supervisor position?
03. hide from
Have you seen Jennifer? Is she trying to hide from me?
04. drown in
I can't talk to you right now because I'm drowning in work.
05. translate into
I need you to take this memo and translate it into Portuguese.

No comments:

Post a Comment