Saturday, January 30, 2010

NEWS

iPAD
The best way to experience the web, email, photos and video, all in a Multi-Touch screen, with just the touch of a finger.
This is how the Apple chief executive Steve Jobs presented the iPad to a crowd of journalists, analysts and invited guests in an auditorium last Wednesday, January 27th.
Part web browser, part media player, part e-book, the iPod will be priced between $ 499 (16 GB) and $ 829 (64 GB).
SOME and ANY
01. In general we use some (also somebody, someone, something) in POSITIVE sentences and any (also anybody, anyone, anything) in NEGATIVE sentences.
- He bought some flowers.
- He didn't buy any flowers.
- I'm hungry. I want something to eat.
- I'm not hungry. I don't want anything to eat.
02. In most questions we use any.
- Do you have any money ?
03. But we use some, something in questions when we expect the answer to be 'yes.'
- What's wrong ? Do you have something in your eye ? (It seems like you have sth in your eye and I expect you to answer 'yes.')
04. We use some, something in questions when we offer or ask for things.
- Can I have some sugar, please ?
- Would you like something to eat ?

No comments:

Post a Comment