Sunday, August 24, 2014
CHAT
Greg - Come on, we're pals, you need to come clean with me. What happened to you at the party last night?
Jeff - Oh, forget it. I was beside myself. Susan dumped me just like that and I had had a lot of booze.
Greg - Come on, resign yourself to that. She's way out of your league. (laughs)
Jeff - Gimme a break, will ya. What kinda friend are you? (laughs)
Your English teacher
August 24th, 2014
* pal - camarada, companheiro
* to come clean with me - jogar limpo comigo
* I was beside myself - eu estava fora de mim
* dumped me - me deu o fora
* just like that - sem mais
* booze - bebida
* resign yourself to that - conforme-se
* she's way out of your league - ela é muita areia para o seu caminhãozinho
* gimme a break = give me a break - me dá um tempo
* kinda = kind of - tipo de
* will ya = will you - por favor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment