48-2012
I) EXPRESSIONS
01. let alone
We all went to B.B. King's show last weekend. Jeez! The guy is great! His repertoire is great let alone how he plays the guitar and sings! We loved it!
02. to book in advance
We usually book the tickets in advance when we go to shows like that. It's like going on a tour trip: you have to book the tickets and the hotels in advance.
03. I'll tell you what
I'll tell you what, I'd like to stay in next weekend and watch a lot of movies. It's the best thing to be done in cold weather.
04. to call in sick
Small businesses owners complain a lot about their employees. They frequently call in sick and usually it's difficult to get somebody to replace them.
05. at short notice
Worst of all is that when an employee calls in sick it is at short notice and you don't have much to do but for improvise a solution.
let alone - sem falar
to book in advance - reservar com antecedência
I'll tell you what - eu vou dizer uma coisa
stay in - ficar em casa
to call in sick - ligar para empresa dizendo que não irá trabalhar porque está doente
at short notice - de última hora
but for - exceto
No comments:
Post a Comment