Sunday, January 29, 2012

13-2012

I) VOCAB

01. do whatever it takes
I'll do whatever it takes to get a ticket for the show.

02. to take a leak  =  to pee
I'm going to try to find a restroom; I need to take a leak.

03. to be pissed-off
I was so pissed-off with what he said to me that I couldn't concentrate on my work.

do whatever it takes - fazer o que for necessário
to take a leak - tirar água do joelho, fazer xixi
restroom - banheiro público
to be pissed-off - ficar puto da vida
to arrest - prender
Swiss - suiça (nacionalidade)
to climb up - subir
fence - cerca
entrance - entrada
to take place - ocorrer, acontecer, ter lugar
Switzerland - Suiça

III) HIGHLIGHT
A topless Ukranian protester is arrested by Swiss police after climbing up a fence at the entrance to the complex where the World Economic Forum takes place in Davos, Switzerland.

No comments:

Post a Comment