03-2012
I) VOCAB
01. boxers
Some guys still like to wear boxers because they find them comfortable.
02. awesome
Your new iPad is awesome. It has got all available tools.
03. to give birth to
She gave birth to twins last weekend.
04. to give the green light
When the manager gives us the green light we'll start working on this project that will be a significant breakthrough in our business.
05. dirt cheap
There was a great sale at the mall last weekend and I bought these sneakers dirt cheap.
boxers - cueca samba-canção
awesome - da hora, demais, muito legal
to give birth to - dar à luz a
twins - gêmeos
to give the green light - dar o sinal verde
breakthrough - avanço
dirt cheap - de graça, super barato
sneakers - tênis
II) HIGHLIGHT
Clint Eastwood (right)directs Leonardo DiCaprio (left) and Armie Hammer (center) in the new film "J. Edgard", based on the life of J. Edgard Hoover, a former (1950s, 1960s) F.B.I. powerful director.

No comments:
Post a Comment